January 23 , 2005
Home Free Downloads Quotations Products Free E-Books
Welcome to Conscious Living, our newsletter designed to share our current activities and growth, along with articles and information that we hope will be supportive and encouraging in your efforts to live each moment with more joy and satisfaction.
There are lots of changes to tell you about in this first newsletter of the new year. First, we've added lots of new content to the website - all of it free.
The new items include lots of new audio and video on our "Downloads" page, plus a significant new collection of e-books. Also, we've added a new section to the website entitled "Prosperity".
One of the great challenges for us as we walk the path toward greater awareness, is how to integrate our concepts regarding money and wealth into our sense of spirituality. In this new section, we hope to address these issues. This is also the primary theme of this month's newsletter - an exploration of wealth and unselfishness, riches and compassion. We begin with an article by Walter Cruttenden entitled "It's A Generous Universe". Also, look for other similar articles scattered throughout this newsletter along with a free recording of "The Science of Getting Rich" which also addresses these issues in a touching and meaningful way.
Finally, there are tremendous changes going on in the background here at CLF, and in the very near future, you will be seeing a new CLF website - it's got everything that is good about the current site, but with many wonderful new additions. Look for it soon!
As always, we are so grateful to all of you who visit our website, and contribute through your generous donations, purchases, emails and article submissions. I am confident that this new year is going to be extraordinarily special. Thank you for letting us share it with you.
We respect your time and privacy. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please reply with REMOVE in the subject line.
|It's A Generous Universe by Walter Cruttenden|
Many sincere devotees seem to be conflicted about prosperity. It is almost as if they feel it is ok to be spiritual but not ok to be rich. I really don’t know how you separate the two but such an attitude makes it difficult to manifest our divine inheritance because we are, to a large extent, what we think. In other words, our world is a manifestation of our thoughts and energies and if we think it so - it will be so – for better or worse!
As a young boy I used to read a lot of Uncle Scrooge and Richie Rich comic books. I liked the idea that they were so wealthy, not because the huge money bin was such a fun place to swim, but because they got to have fun and go on all these exciting adventures. They had their scientists make all sorts of cool gadgets and they searched for sunken treasure and traveled to lost cities and exotic locations around the world. I had a desire to do these things thus it seemed to me that money (stored up energy) was a very useful thing.
As a late teen I started attending a meditation class in Tustin, California. Our teacher was a beautiful soul named Heartha, a minister with the Unity Church. I had already learned TM but she taught us further meditation techniques including visualization. In order to help us realize that those things we visualize eventually manifest, we spent some time making “Treasure Maps”. These were simply large sheets of brightly colored paper with pictures cut out from magazines; pictures of things we would like to have in our lives.
At the time I did not think this was much different than any high school assignment, so with little thought, I cut out a picture of a car I would like to own some day, a house by the ocean, a large pile of cash and stock certificates, a watch and a few other things and pasted them, along with a written affirmation, on my treasure map. I think my affirmation was “I am joyous, rich and successful” or something like that. We were then told to put it in a place where we would see it every day and could repeat our affirmation. I put mine in my closet where my shirts hang. Every morning when I reached for a shirt I would see the picture and say the affirmation.
The universe is a mighty powerful thing. It is buzzing with electrons and all sorts of forces that we are hardly aware of. Although invisible, these forces have created an almost infinite number of stars and worlds and orbiting bodies that are moving at incredible speeds in a synchronous dance of endless creation. We know the beauty of the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and some of the great mountains and beaches of this world but imagine the unknown wonders that these same natural forces have created on a trillion other worlds – it must be breathtaking! On a smaller scale these unseen forces have created our bodies, they pump our blood, help us breathe and digest our food, and enable us to move our muscles, think, work, communicate and create. Just as these forces manifest a universe of unimaginable beauty according to the celestial laws, so too do they work through us according to our attunement with cosmic law, as directed by our own thoughts and actions.
Lest we think we should not request too much from the Universe or overtly use our innate powers to manifest, consider these words from Paramahansa Yogananda. He was very explicit in his advice:
“Speak to the Father and ask for guidance and inspiration. Try to do little things in an extraordinary way. Strive to be the best one in your line of work. Release the power that you already have and more will come. Show the world that God’s creative principle works through you. Move on your path with unflinching determination. Tune in with cosmic power, and whether on the factory, in the business or professional world, or in the social world, always remember that the infinite creative power is within you and you are a God-man. You have the creative power of Spirit. You are in contact with the infinite Intelligence, which is able to guide you and to solve any and all problems. Power from the dynamic Source of your being flows through you and you are able to create revelations in the world of business, in the world of thought, or in the world of spiritual wisdom. You and your Father are one. His power and intelligence are yours. Work and meditate! (Lesson 77, p.6.)
Clearly, it is OK to “tune in with cosmic power” and one of the best ways to do this besides meditating and “unflinching determination” is to give this power a very specific channel to manifest. Think about what is truly right for you, and then visualize it. And the best way to visualize is to write it down, be clear about what we want, better yet, make a little treasure map. Once we get off the fence the Universe seems to conspire to support us – it just wants a concrete plan.
After a while my own treasure map was somehow lost to the back of my closet and I completely forgot about it. Then about ten years later in a move I came across it once again. The once bright green paper had yellowed and frayed around the edges and a few of the magazine pictures were coming unglued. I smiled remembering how many times I had repeated the affirmation on the bottom of the page - then it hit me. The car on the paper, a white Mercedes, once an impossible dream, was the one I was now driving. The watch, the cash the securities had all manifested in ample supply. And of course the house I was then moving to was one near the ocean, just as pretty as the picture I had cut out over ten years earlier.
It is a generous Universe. It loves to create. This manifestation scenario has played out again and again for countless people throughout history. It wants what we want but it needs a plan. In my own business, when we just made verbal wishes, it would seem they would only occasionally come true. But when we wrote them down in a business plan, met frequently to affirm them, got practical and applied all our resources with “unflinching determination”, they would almost always manifest.
So we should not doubt the ability of this Universe - it is infinitely generous. It has given us the capacity to manifest our heart’s desires. Our job is to get in tune with this cosmic power and practice the teachings we have been given. Then, whether we want to write a book, own a business, get a new house - or even manifest a new consciousness - it can be done. It’s ok.
Walter Cruttenden is Director of the Binary Research Institute, producer of The Great Year and author of Lost Star of Myth and Time, a new book about ancient cultures, cycles and the future of the world. He was formerly in the investment banking and venture capital business and now spends most of his time researching and writing on archaeology and astronomy.
News: New Section of Web Site - More Health Care Products Added To Site -
Due to demand by our regular visitors, we have now begun adding Health Care products to our website. We've added two categories of products so far - products designed to help with weight loss and products designed to support a healthy heart.
Our new weight loss products include a wide range of meal replacement shakes with essential nutrients, multi-vitamins and herb concentrates - all in a delicious selection of flavors. In addition we're offering protein powders, soup mixes, a cell activator to increase your ability to absorb your vitamins and minerals, protein bars, teas, phytonutrients, Omega 3 fatty acid supplements, fiber powders, and a variety of other healthy additions to your diet. Take a look Here for complete details.
The Healthy Heart section offers a great selection of products including antioxidants, vitamins, herbs, and healthy snacks. To see the complete collection, click Here.
In the near future, we'll be adding a beautiful selection of hand-made soaps to our products selection and we will also be adding Energy Boosters, Skin Care Products, and cellular nutrition products. Visit us throughout the month for a continuing evolution of our health care products section. Please send us an email at telling us what kind of health products you would like to see next.
News: Special Discounts Continue - Buy 1, Second at 1/2 Price -
Our holiday discounts were very popular, so we have decided to continue them a little while longer. If you've been thinking about purchasing books and recordings that support your personal and spiritual growth, now is the perfect time - take advantage of our special discounts and save money while, at the same time, you substitute more meaningful entertainment for that which is readily available on TV and radio - but which rarely uplifts.
Also, if you're considering buying a gift for a friend or loved one, why not select gifts that can genuinely make a difference in their lives? So often, we make purchases that are just fillers - not really knowing what to buy. This time, give books and CDs that will continue to inspire and encourage throughout the year.
We make buying even easier with our "Second 1/2 Price" special discounts. Buy any of our selected products at the usual price and buy another great book or CD at 1/2 price. Click Here to see our great selection of best sellers and favorites. They include audio versions of your all time favorites, perfect to listen to while driving or exercising.
Deepen your practice of the techniques that bring new joy and hope into your life - and give the gift of a deeper spiritual life and increased personal growth.
Return To Top
|Selections From "The Master Key System" by Charles Haanel|
1. That much gathers more is true on every plane of existence and that loss leads to greater loss is equally true.
2. Mind is creative, and conditions, environment and all experiences in life are the result of our habitual or predominant mental attitude.
3. The attitude of mind necessarily depends upon what we think. Therefore, the secret of all power, all achievement and all possession depends upon our method of thinking.
4. This is true because we must "be" before we can "do," and we can "do" only to the extent which we "are," and what we "are" depends upon what we "think."
5. We cannot express powers that we do not possess. The only way by which we may secure possession of power is to become conscious of power, and we can never become conscious of power until we learn that all power is from within.
6. There is a world within – a world of thought and feeling and power; of light and life and beauty and, although invisible, its forces are mighty.
7. The world within is governed by mind. When we discover this world we shall find the solution for every problem, the cause for every effect; and since the world within is subject to our control, all laws of power and possession are also within our control.
8. The world without is a reflection of the world within. What appears without is what has been found within. In the world within may be found infinite Wisdom, infinite Power, infinite Supply of all that is necessary, waiting for unfoldment, development and expression. If we recognize these potentialities in the world within they will take form in the world without.
9. Harmony in the world within will be reflected in the world without by harmonious conditions, agreeable surroundings, the best of everything. It is the foundation of health and a necessary essential to all greatness, all power, all attainment, all achievement and all success.
10. Harmony in the world within means the ability to control our thoughts, and to determine for ourselves how any experience is to affect us.
11. Harmony in the world within results in optimism and affluence; affluence within results in affluence without.
12. The world without reflects the circumstances and the conditions of the consciousness within.
13. If we find wisdom in the world within, we shall have the understanding to discern the marvelous possibilities that are latent in this world within, and we shall be given the power to make these possibilities manifest in the world without.
14. As we become conscious of the wisdom in the world within, we mentally take possession of this wisdom, and by taking mental possession we come into actual possession of the power and wisdom necessary to bring into manifestation the essentials necessary for our most complete and harmonious development.
15. The world within is the practical world in which the men and women of power generate courage, hope, enthusiasm, confidence, trust and faith, by which they are given the fine intelligence to see the vision and the practical skill to make the vision real.
16. Life is an unfoldment, not accretion. What comes to us in the world without is what we already possess in the world within.
17. All possession is based on consciousness. All gain is the result of an accumulative consciousness. All loss is the result of a scattering consciousness.
18. Mental efficiency is contingent upon harmony; discord means confusion; therefore, he who would acquire power must be in harmony with Natural Law.
19. We are related to the world without by the objective mind. The brain is the organ of this mind and the cerebro-spinal system of nerves puts us in conscious communication with every part of the body. This system of nerves responds to every sensation of light, heat, odor, sound and taste.
20. When this mind thinks correctly, when it understands the truth, when the thoughts sent through the cerebro-spinal nervous system to the body are constructive, these sensations are pleasant, harmonious.
21. The result is that we build strength, vitality and all constructive forces into our body, but it is through this same objective mind that all distress, sickness, lack, limitation and every form of discord and in harmony is admitted to our lives. It is therefore through the objective mind, by wrong thinking, that we are related to all destructive forces.
22. We are related to the world within by the subconscious mind. The solar plexus is the organ of this mind; the sympathetic system of nerves presides over all subjective sensations, such as joy, fear, love, emotion, respiration, imagination and all other subconscious phenomena. It is through the subconscious that we are connected with the Universal Mind and brought into relation with the Infinite constructive forces of the Universe.
23. It is the coordination of these two centers of our being, and the understanding of their functions, which is the great secret of life. With this knowledge we can bring the objective and subjective minds into conscious cooperation and thus coordinate the finite and the infinite. Our future is entirely within our own control. It is not at the mercy of any capricious or uncertain external power.
24. All agree that there is but one Principle or Consciousness pervading the entire Universe, occupying all space, and being essentially the same in kind at every point of its presence. It is all powerful, all wisdom and always present. All thoughts and things are within Itself. It is all in all.
25. There is but one consciousness in the universe able to think; and when it thinks, its thoughts become objective things to it. As this Consciousness is omnipresent, it must be present within every individual; each individual must be a manifestation of that Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent Consciousness.
26. As there is only one Consciousness in the Universe that is able to think it necessarily follows that your consciousness is identical with the Universal Consciousness, or, in other words, all mind is one mind. There is no dodging this conclusion.
27. The consciousness that focuses in your brain cells is the same consciousness which focuses in the brain cells of every other individual. Each individual is but the individualization of the Universal, the Cosmic Mind.
28. The Universal Mind is static or potential energy; it simply is; it can manifest only through the individual, and the individual can manifest only through the Universal. They are one.
29. The ability of the individual to think is his ability to act on the Universal and bring it into manifestation. Human consciousness consists only in the ability of man to think. Mind in itself is believed to be a subtle form of static energy, from which arises the activities called 'thought, ' which is the dynamic phase of mind. Mind is static energy, thought is dynamic energy -the two phases of the same thing. Thought is therefore the vibratory force formed by converting static mind into dynamic mind.
30. As the sum of all attributes are contained in the Universal Mind, which is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, these attributes must be present at all times in their potential form in every individual. Therefore, when the individual thinks, the thought is compelled by its nature to embody itself in an objectivity or condition which will correspond with its origin.
31. Every thought therefore is a cause and every condition an effect; for this reason it is absolutely essential that you control your thoughts so as to bring forth only desirable conditions.
32. All power is from within, and is absolutely under your control; it comes through exact knowledge and by the voluntary exercises of exact principles.
33. It should be plain that when you acquire a thorough understanding of this law, and are able to control your thought processes, you can apply it to any condition; in other words, you will have come into conscious cooperation with Omnipotent law which is the fundamental basis of all things.
34. The Universal Mind is the life principle of every atom which is in existence; every atom is continually striving to manifest more life; all are intelligent, and all are seeking to carry out the purpose for which they were created.
35. A majority of mankind lives in the world without; few have found the world within, and yet it is the world within that makes the world without; it is therefore creative and everything which you find in your world without has been created by you in the world within.
36. This system will bring you into a realization of power which will be yours when you understand this relation between the world without and the world within. The world within is the cause, the world without the effect; to change the effect you must change the cause.
37. You will at once see that this is a radically new and different idea; most men try to change effects by working with effects. They fail to see that this is simply changing one form of distress for another. To remove discord, we must remove the cause, and this cause can be found only in the world within.
38. All growth is from within. This is evident in all nature. Every plant, every animal, every human is a living testimony to this great law, and the error of the ages is in looking for strength or power from without.
39. The world within is the Universal fountain of supply, and the world without is the outlet to the stream. Our ability to receive depends upon our recognition of this Universal Fountain, this Infinite Energy of which each individual is an outlet, and so is one with every other individual.
40. Recognition is a mental process, mental action is therefore the interaction of the individual upon the Universal Mind, and as the Universal Mind is the intelligence which pervades all space and animates all living things, this mental action and reaction is the law of causation, but the principle of causation does not obtain in the individual but in the Universal Mind. It is not an objective faculty but a subjective process, and the results are seen in an infinite variety of conditions and experiences.
41. In order to express life there must be mind; nothing can exist without mind. Everything which exists is some manifestation of this one basic substance from which and by which all things have been created and are continually being recreated.
42. We live in a fathomless sea of plastic mind substance. This substance is ever alive and active. It is sensitive to the highest degree. It takes form according to the mental demand. Thought forms the mold or matrix from which the substance expresses.
43. Remember that it is in the application alone that the value consists, and that a practical understanding of this law will substitute abundance for poverty, wisdom for ignorance, harmony for discord and freedom for tyranny, and certainly there can be no greater blessing than these from a material and social standpoint.
44. Now make the application: Select a room where you can be alone and undisturbed; sit erect, comfortably, but do not lounge; let your thoughts roam where they will but be perfectly still for from fifteen minutes to half an hour; continue this for three or four days or for a week until you secure full control of your physical being.
The entire book "The Master Key System" by Charles Haanel is available for free in the e-book section of our website.
For a large variety of inspiring quotations, click Here.
News: New Section of Web Site - Free Family Classics Audio Selections
Because of the continuing popularity of our free e-book sections, we have now added a free Family Audio Classics section to the site as well. Many of the audio files, in MP3 format, are excellent radio productions from the past, and include such selections as: Treasure Island, A Tale of Two Cities, The Count of Monte Cristo, Abraham Lincoln, Sherlock Holmes, Jane Eyre, Around The World in 80 Days and many others! Most episodes last approximately 1 hour each.
In addition, this month, we've added several new recordings designed to support your desire to learn to meditate - especially, "Insight Meditation Instruction" which includes talks on: The art of attention, sense doors, mental noting, balance, the sitting posture and walking posture. We believe you'll find these talks extremely informative. Further, we've added "Practicing Loving Kindness" with two talks, one with instructions on the practice, and the other a guided meditation supporting the practice. Let us know how you like these talks.
We will continue to add audio files that we believe provide wholesome entertainment or worthwhile information to guide you on your path. We want the CLF website to become the place you visit everyday for all of the entertainment and information needs of your entire family. Click Here to visit the Family Audio Classics page.
News: New Section Added To Site - Free Audio Classics For Children
In addition to the Family Audio Classics Section described above, we have also added a very large collection of free audio files just for children. Each episode runs approximately 30 minutes and includes such titles as: The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and His Magic Lamp, Jack and the Bean Stalk, Puss and Boots, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, King Arthur, Hansel and Gretel, King Midas, Sleeping Beauty, The Emperor's New Clothes and many, many more!
It is so important that our young children have entertainment that will support their need to have fun, while still respecting their vulnerability and tendency to imitate that which they experience. Guide your children by giving them the entertainment that will help build the foundation they will rely on as they grow and mature. Click Here to visit the Audio Classics For Children page.
Return To Top
|Definitions of Success by Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau|
Return To Top
News: Free Recording of "The Science of Getting Rich"
Often those of us who are trying to apply spiritual principles in our lives on a regular basis, have a seeming conflict with the ideas of success and prosperity. Is it possible to be ever more attuned to Spirit and at the same time have increasing material prosperity and success? These are the issues we want to address in the Prosperity section of our site.
In partial answer to these questions, we offer the free, complete recording of Wallace Wattles famous book, "The Science of Getting Rich". You can download, at no charge, the audio book, and e-book versions of this classic masterpiece by visiting our Prosperity and Success page, Here.
To read more details, click Here.
Return To Top
However, the most complete expression of his approach to living is contained in his masterwork "Byways To Blessedness". This book is the most complete, detailed and in-depth expression of James Allen’s inspirational vision of the path to conscious evolution. As "As A Man Thinketh" was the introductory course to his thoughts and wisdom, "Byways To Blessedness" is James Allen's Master's thesis. Ours is the only complete audio version of this work available anywhere.
This four CD unabridged recording contains the keys to personal happiness, prosperity, health and spiritual growth.
Return To Top
Return To Top
|Collection: Guides To Success|
Failure doesn't mean you are a failure . . . it does mean you haven't succeeded yet.
Failure doesn't mean you have accomplished nothing . . . it does mean you have learned something.
Failure doesn't mean you have been a fool . . . it does mean you had a lot of faith.
Failure doesn't mean you have been disgraced . . . it does mean you were willing to try.
Failure doesn't mean you don't have it . . . it does mean you have to do something in a different way.
Failure doesn't mean you are inferior . . . it does mean you are not perfect.
Failure doesn't mean you've wasted your life . . . it does mean you've a reason to start afresh.
Failure doesn't mean you should give up . . . it does mean you should try harder.
Failure doesn't mean you'll never make it . . . it does mean it will take a little longer.
Failure doesn't mean God has abandoned you . . . it does mean God has a better idea!
—Robert Schuller, Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something special in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don’t.
If you like to win but think you can’t,
It’s almost a cinch you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost.
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow’s will.
It’s all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are.
You’ve got to think high to rise.
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win the prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can.
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half the things you do, you might just as well turn over to me,
And I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done,
And after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great men
And, alas, of all failures as well.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine, though
I work with all the precision of a machine
Plus the intelligence of a man.
You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin;
It makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me
And I will put the world at your feet.
Be easy with me, and I will destroy you.
Who am I?
I am habit!
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
—unknown monk, 1100A.D
Return To Top
News: New Audio Book CD - "The World As I See It" by Albert Einstein
Let's share the gifts for which we are most grateful:
joy, wisdom, love and the means to increase them in our lives.
Click Here for our special discounts.
Return To Top
We respect your time and privacy. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please reply with REMOVE in the subject line.
All Contents Copyrighted, 2005, The Conscious Living Foundation